Bangkok Legal’s employment lawyers have detailed knowledge of the employment laws of Thailand. Our Bangkok Lawyer are frequently engaged by foreign nationals and companies in Thailand to resolve employment disputes concerning international teachers, corporate managers and senior corporate executives.
Once instructed, Bangkok Legal’s employment specialists are quick to act and seek, wherever possible, to settle the matter before the issue of formal proceedings to Thai Labor Court becomes necessary, often by the use of Compromise Agreements. Compromise Agreements are commonly used to settle senior executive level disputes in Thailand.
The range of contentious matters undertaken by Bangkok Legal’s employment lawyers includes unfair dismissal, sex, race and disability discrimination, equal pay, unlawful deductions, wrongful dismissal, industrial disputes, union recognition, and the enforcement of post termination of employment restrictive covenants.
Outline of Employment Law Services offered by Bangkok Legal:
- Drafting, negotiating and advising upon international and Thai employment agreements and Executive benefit packages.
- Advising on all aspects of employment law in Thailand including employee protection, benefits, maternity leave and sickness allowance requirements, severance and long service payments and termination requirements.
- Advising upon employment matters upon mergers and acquisitions of companies, transfer of business undertakings and restructuring of corporate entities.
- Advising upon the various discrimination ordinances (Sex Discrimination Ordinance, Disability Discrimination Ordinance and Family Status Discrimination Ordinance).
- Advising upon employment disputes including preparation of documents relating to Labor Tribunal actions in Thailand and employee compensation claims.
- Obtaining employment visas for Thailand.
- Advising clients in relation to industrial disputes.
- Advising on rights and obligations under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, and access to employee data.